Makeruna! Shogeruna! Noriokureruna! #5 (December 26th)

Let's enjoy Christmas alone and don't make false assumptions.



A relatively nice sky as a present.




It's Nogizaka46's hayashi runa.


(This story) is about the other day.

I was running to the station because I was going to be late for the train, 
and I crashed heavily in front of a traffic light on the way.

It was getting colder and colder, 
so my numb body wasn't aware of the pain, 
and all I could do was see the light turning red in front of me.

I made up my mind to give up and take the next express train, 
and since there was no need to hurry anymore,
I just walked slowly while stumbling.

Then suddenly my right hand came into view, 
and to my surprise, 
there was a stream of blood running down it.

As soon as the realization of "I was injured when I fell" came to the center of my mind, 
the wound started to throb and hurt.


Do you know about Bernard Lown's blood experiment?        (Bernard is the writer of the book where this story is from, but runa referred him as the prisoner)

Let me give you a very simplified explanation.

Once upon a time, there was a man condemned to death who refused to be executed, 
and because he refused, a group of doctors offered him "an experiment", 
and if he did so, he would be pardoned from his sentence.

The experiment was, superficially, to see "how much blood a person could lose before dying."

The prisoner was tied to a bed and blindfolded for the experiment.

The doctors said, "We will begin the experiment now~" and inserted a scalpel into the prisoner's toe.

The bucket at his feet began to fill with blood, and the doctors continued to talk with him.

"Normally, you'd die in a third of the time."

"How much longer is that?"

"Oh, you're almost there."

Shortly after hearing that, the prisoner died.



Actually, this experiment is not about "how much blood a person could lose before dying'.

The doctors only gave to the prisoner a small cut on his foot.

There was no blood from the beginning, 
what was perceived as the sound of blood flowing was the sound of water falling into the bucket.

The essence of this experiment was, "Can we die only by our imagination?"

They simply poured drops of water into the bucket and made people believe that blood was flowing out.

This is called the "nocebo effect" which means that this effect has a negative impact on your body,
and that's what happened to me when I fell in front of the traffic light.

Well, even though it shouldn't actually hurt that much, 
my brain thought, "a lot of blood = extremely painful".

It's similar to the phenomenon that when you happen to measure your temperature with a thermometer and if it's higher than expected, you start to feel lethargic.


That's what I thought on Christmas Day.


Are you all okay?
Didn't you drown yourself in the belief that you have a lover?
Let's just be honest and enjoy being alone.

Thanks for your hard work this week.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

1 Comments:

Write Comments
March 4, 2022 at 3:10 PM delete

Mohegan Sun Pocono Tickets - Jackson County StubHub
Buy Mohegan 밀양 출장마사지 Sun Pocono tickets at Ticketmaster.com. Find 여주 출장마사지 Mohegan Sun Pocono venue concert and 전라북도 출장안마 event schedules, venue information, directions, Sun, Dec 12Goose ConcertsDec 17GooseSun, Dec 울산광역 출장안마 19Basketball Hall Of Fame 밀양 출장안마

Reply
avatar