Ex-taishu magazine interview (February issue)


一 I was impressed by the song "Jibun no koto" that Hayashi-san sang as a soloist at the 4th generation live on December 6th last year. I also heard that Hayashi-san chose the song herself.

Runa: It's my favorite solo song of the graduated seniors, and it's the one I'm most emotionally attached to. I also thought that the lyrics of “Jibun no koto" overlapped with my past self as seen from my present self. I'm a cheerful person now, but two years ago I didn't think so positively. 

一 At the auditions, there was a shady and negative atmosphere too.
Runa: I got inspired by the people around me and I became more cheerful. I'm not the gloomy type from the start, and I think my true self has come out. 

一 You also like Nakamoto Himeka-san, don't you?
Runa: Yes, I do. I think it's amazing that she has been working in a very royal style without deviating from her original style. However, I can't confidently say "I want to pursue the royal path" because I'm a bit like a variety character. I want to have the straightness to focus on what I like to do. Singing ''Jibun no koto” has made me feel that I should be more honest with myself.
 
一 I think Hayashi-san's own path wasn’t a smooth one.
Runa: I knew that I was simply not good enough, and it was only through adversity that I was able to show my strength, so I think and believe that I was able to change a lot in the two years since I passed the auditions.

一 Do you think that being an idol is not a straightforward (simple) thing to do?
Runa: There is a difference between the person you want to be and the person the people around you want you to be. When the gap between the two widens, I think our worries become more serious. Right now, I'm still not sure what I want to be, but one day, if my image becomes too fixed and solid, it will be very difficult for me. I want to show various aspects of myself, because I don't want to regret being too defined about myself.

一 Indeed, after watching "Jibun no koto," I realized that Hayashi-san is a surprisingly straightforward person.
Runa: When it was announced beforehand that I would be singing solo, some fans thought, "Hayashi would only do a joke show, right?", so I think I was able to betray their expectations in a good way. I was already prepared for a bad response just by singing a song of a great senior, but instead I was touched that many people said "thank you", and I was happy to sing it.



Source



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »