Makeruna! Shogeruna! Noriokureruna! #7 (January 9th)

  Promote it more! It's a voluntary Nanakusa porrige party!

(Nanakusa's explanation below)


Me, nervous before Kouhaku Uta Gassen


I'm Hayashi Runa, a 4th gen member of Nogizaka46.


The seven herbs of spring are: seri, nazuna(shepherd's purse), gogyo(jersey curweed), hakobera(fivestripe wrasse), hotokenosa(henbit deadnettle), turnip and daikon.

I don't even remember where I learned them, but I used to chant them like crazy when I was a child.

Yes, it's that time of year again.

The time to eat those New Year's dishes like Osechi and Zouni. 

On February 3rd, the day of the Setsubun Festival, are eaten Ebomaki and Fukumame. (This year, it's February 2nd for the first time in 124 years).

Chirashi-sushi, is eaten on March 3rd, the day of the Peach Festival.

Nanakusa-gayu, rice gruel or porridge eaten on January 7th to pray for good health.

So many disparity........


There are quite a lot of foods in Japan that are called "event-foods," 
but are there any that are more inconspicious than Nanakusa-gayu?

No, no. Please do not think that I am dissinging that tradition or even mocking it.


I'm very serious.

I think it is a bit overshadowed, or not promoted enough.


It is said that it is meant to "rest the stomach and intestines weakened by the New Year's festive food and drinks, etc.", 
but I guess everyone is still in the midst of the New Year's spirit.

That being said, 
I think that Shichikusa porridge has been slightly overshadowed 
by the New Year's mood that the world is still in.

When an event is approaching, supermarkets are full of foods related to the event.

They even hold their own festival outside the store, with banners saying "XX Festival".

However, I have never seen in my life such VIP treatment given to Nanakusa.

In fact, when I went to the supermarket the other day, 
I found that there was no Nanakusa porridge crew waiting for the 7th, 
but a large group of luck beans dominating the shelves.


You should promote it more......!

In order to keep this wonderful tradition alive, 
today I'm going to try something that no one has ever experienced before, 
and probably no one will ever experience again, the "Nanakusa Porridge Party".


(now is January 7th)


I can't say that it's not too late,

but let's heal our bodies from the New Year's fatigue and change our minds as soon as possible.



I look forward to working with you again in 2021!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »